- I am Julie Tauro, owner of Tauro Photography, which is a full service, custom portrait photography company located in Waterloo Region
- photographer since 198-something, officially in business since 2002
- Wife to one John Tauro, mother to 3 overscheduled but seemingly happy kids (first one about to be kicked out of the nest…I MEAN, going off to university, middle one obsessed with skateboarding and making millions doing that, youngest trying to figure out how to fit in all 35 of her future career ambitions – I somehow think she just might figure out a way). Oh and two crazy barking fur babies, and soon to be grandmom to a couple of rats (literally – my youngest loves rats and is about to get two…I know, I would never have guessed I would willingly live with ACTUAL rodents either…or that I would actually kinda like them)
- a Kitchener Waterloo resident since 1986 when I moved here to go to Laurier (for a degree in sociology and english…and now I am a photographer…not sure how that path works but it is what it is!)
- loves coffee and red wine, and I just might be alittle bit addicted to fun dips and green shoestring licorice (I TRULY wish I could say I was addicted to spinach and lean chicken and legumes and cold water…but that just wouldn’t be honest of me to say that…)
- I am reader, a movie watcher, a music LOVER (in CAPS, cause I LOVE music!), intermittent chef. Which mean, I go through phases of trying new things, spending the day cooking and concocting. And then I go through phases where whipping up pancakes is even too much work…but I do love good food. Local, fresh, real food…yum!
- Now that my kids are older I am looking for some new activities that are JUST for me (go figure…moms should have a life too!). This year, I am thinking of trying yoga, golf and curling (I both curled and golfed when I was a teen, and grew up in a VERY small community where curling was THE thing to do and I had fun doing it…plus now I am old enough to have a beverage after the game, so that sounds good to me!)
- I personally hate being photographed (so when you tell me that too, I really do get it!) But I also truly believe that you owe it to your family and friends to make sure there is some beautiful record of your existence in their lives for them to cherish, so do it anyway. And with that statement of belief, a goal of mine for 2012 is to actually get photographed myself…for realz…the way I am RIGHT NOW. My kids and husband and dogs (and soon rats) love me so I can’t be all that terrible to see (I am assuming here that the rats will love me…if not, I will win them over with cheese and sunflower seeds)
What you should know about Tauro Photography?
I hope you enjoy browsing the galleries and visiting some of the magnificent faces I have had the opportunity to photograph over the years.
I strive to provide my clients with stunning images, unique and creative products, and exceptional customer service. My priority is to capture images that will resonate with you throughout your life, whether they are displayed on your walls or in a beautifully crafted custom album. I will always deliver quality prints and products that will stand the test of time.
Please contact me if you have any questions about how I work. I am happy to discuss how I can help you celebrate and preserve your amazing moments; from the everyday to the extraordinary.
Life is Wondrous. Share Yours.